We're building our dream cottage this year. We have a lovely waterfront lot on a point of land on a small lake in Southern Ontario.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

catching up with us

When we started working on the cottage this summer, we thought these aging bodies would loose some fully paid for weight, firm up and look pretty buff. However, we didn't loose a pound (actually gained), thought that extra weight did look a "little" firmer. "Muscle weighs more than fat" says I.

But I must admit, I was a bit disappointed. After all those hours sweating and toiling all we really got was tired.

Now, when we work at the cottage its one day on the weekend. Maybe it's because we made good progress and CAN relax, but I think it's actually because we're still tired. Our age is catching up, I guess.

This weekend we started mixing and pouring cement for the footings of the back porch. Also readjusted the positioning of the forms for the deck.

No pictures again this week. Sorry, but even I have to admit, forms are just plain boring. Lets save a pic for windows and doors. Now THAT's exciting. They should be delivered this week.

I'd yee-ha, but I don't have the energy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter