We're building our dream cottage this year. We have a lovely waterfront lot on a point of land on a small lake in Southern Ontario.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

What was I thinking?!?

Bill says, "I think you need to change the blog" "Why?" I ask. He explains that the deck will not be easy, as I claimed on the last post. But, me? I didn't really believe him. After all, at least I won't be dangling off the edge of a 2nd storey.

So we go out last weekend to begin planning the deck. Measuring, deciding on placement of the piers, figuring out what tree roots we have to dig out, things like that. And afterwards I sit and look through the "Decks" book put out by Home Depot. My mind begins to turn to mush. Strings strewn all over to help determine level, braces for the posts, notching the posts for the side rails..... Not to mention hand mixing of the cement. *sigh*

Easy? Did I say easy? Sorry, I must have been hallucinating. Nothing is easy in this project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter