We're building our dream cottage this year. We have a lovely waterfront lot on a point of land on a small lake in Southern Ontario.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Forms 2

*sigh* Forms again. It sure is taking a long time to get through this part. It rained again and there are mud washes in the bottom of the forms.

I have a splint on my poor damaged digit. Damn fingers sure do hurt when you whap them. I never got it x-rayed, but I'm sure I fractured the boney point. Taking up time at the doctors would have been embarassing I think and I doubt there is anything they can do for a fingertip. The fleshy part is healing well, but the bone is extremely sensitive to any movement. Thank god its not the joint at all.

The splint hinders the speed of my work, but can work around it. I keep whapping it on things and am glad the finger splint is as solid as it is. I clean the forms out and for the most part it goes well (except for those cursed black flies). Though I must admit, they seem to like B more than me. Must be his beer flavoured blood. Flies apparently don't like red wine. Remember that.

We're noticing lots of birds on the lot, saw two types of warblers, the yellow rumped and the black & white in addition to the normal chickadees and such. We looking forward to the day when we can sit on our deck with binoculars and count birdie varieties. I've put up a bird feeder and the chickadees are already used to our close proximity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter