We're building our dream cottage this year. We have a lovely waterfront lot on a point of land on a small lake in Southern Ontario.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Ode to fingers

Oh to fingers still intact. Tactile wonders fingers be. Oh the pain when fingers whacked. (repeat until pain subsides)

Yup, we worked on the forms Sunday. It was my task to build the forms which B shoveled the dirt and debris off of the rock. Of course he should do the heavy work and I should have the "easy" job of hammering a few nails into the wood.

Other than fighting off the blood sucking black flies (which really love to go straight for the eyes), all went well. Until the last form, the 3rd last nail. Whammo, bammo I slam that hammer into the left pointer fingertip. Yowls and hand shaking and cursing and jumping up and down follow. Bill of course is sympathetic and offers to finsih up while I nurse my bleeding digit. But I'll be damned if I let a little finger pain get the best of me and with blood dripping onto the forms I finish my task.

This is the first blood spilled on this project. I hope it's the last or at least as bad as it gets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter